As you may have gathered, I love to felt, sew, paint and maybe knitting etc…(so many yah?) . In fact, I like to try out any new crafty or creative thing I come across, so this blog may detail other things from time to time. This site is all about sharing my hobby, my life and my bad writing…hahahhha… yes I’m bad in writing!!
What is (name of company)
Sekoci Biz (SA0252512-A)http://www.facebook.com/SekociNorlie (Number of like 9918)
Weekend event to develop children’s creativity (June 2011)
- Headband accessories online at : http://chomelcraft.com/
- DIY Felt Craft at : http://www.susndfeltproduct.com
http://instagram.com/sekocinorlie/ (Number of followers 554)
https://twitter.com/sekocinorlie (Number of Followers 51)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 014-901 5608 / 012-3312416
Location of Sekoci's Craft House (workshop)
NO. 31 Jalan Tanjung Karang
30/122, Taman Kencana Indah, Seksyen 30, 40460 Shah Alam
Big workshop will be run at:
Chomelcraft Enterprise (www.chomelcraft.com)
Denai Alam, Shah Alam
Members of ACG
ACG stands for Arts and Crafts Guild of KL & Selangor. It was officially registered in 1993, and consists of artists, crafters and art enthusiasts who share a passion for creative arts. Some ACG members are full-time artists, while others are balancing between their day jobs and their passions for arts and crafts. Some others are the supporters and the cheerleaders for artistic works. Thus, ACG is a guild to share and exchange ideas, meet new friends and bond over our passion for arts and crafts.
The aims and objectives of ACG are to:
· Inspire, encourage and create a stimulating environment for members to further their artistic interests through interaction with other members and exchanging of ideas
· Help members gain exposure for themselves and their work, through exhibitions and contacts made during the exhibition
· Encourage exchange of new ideas and skill among members
· As a resource centre, providing information about art supplies, workshops, galleries, art & craft techniques to the public & members alike.
“Sekoci” is the Malay word for bobbin, and Norlie is what I am always known of. Why I choose bobbin? Apart for sounding ‘cute’, “sekoci” also symbolizes my passion in sewing. Bobbin is an integral part of a sewing machine, and as much as the machines couldn’t live without the bobbin, I believe I have the same amount of passion in sewing too.
My full name is Norliza Samingon, a 34 years old working mothers with 2 lovely kids, Ridwana Rif’iah Rafiq (9) and Muhammad Rizqin Rafiq (4). I’m currently working at one of the biggest IT Company in Cyberjaya, Malaysia as Engineer for VOIP (Voice over IP) and IPT (IP Telephony) and support worldwide of user. Before that, I was working in Internet security environment at one of the biggest telecommunication company at Technology Park Malaysia over the last 7 years. I graduated from Open University Malaysia in Bachelor of Information Technology.
After I gave birth and brought my baby for monthly check up, I brought along some unfinished pages of the book to sew during the waiting period. It later gained some attentions from other parents, and they showed their interests over the book. From that day forward, I begin receiving requests from friends and colleagues to sew the baby books for them. They stated that the books were more personalized and more memorable.
I then started to expand my sewing skills towards other types of crafts as well. I created some hair accessories using felt. At first it was for my daughter, but then she was kind enough to spread the words to everyone she sees (teachers, friends and even strangers) about her hand-made crafts made by her mother.
I strongly believe that items that are made with love are the items that will be appreciated most. I create with love. Each item that I made is always made from the heart. I spend a lot of time creating and perfecting my items. I focus on details, quality, and trying to create something unique, that you won’t find somewhere else. I try my best to make my craft different from others crafters so they would me more personalized, exclusive and unique.
What is Felt
Felt is a type of non-woven cloth that is produced by matting, condensing and pressing woolen fibers. While some types of felt are very soft, some are tough enough to form construction materials. Felt can be of any color, and made into any shape or size. Currently I’m using 2 type of felt one is 100% polisher and another one is acrylic.
2. What does (company) do, specifically for children?
It is always such a joy to see happy faces wearing something that you made. However, what makes it more joyous to me is when seeing little kids made efforts to create their own felt craft.
I’ve organized felt workshops for kids and teenagers and surprisingly, children enjoy sewing very much, provided that we give them proper guidance. There was always a preconception of children not being able to do delicate jobs like sewing. However, from previous experience, it was proven that sewing does not only help them to develop their concentration skills, but also improve their creativity. Threading needles, making stitches and working with both hands would also help these children to develop coordination skills. And interestingly, sewing projects would also help children improve their numeracy skills – measuring fabric, counting stitches and working out the sizes for example, would be able to help children to polish their mathematical knowledge.
*Pro-folio edited by Najmiyah
Instructor for felt craft (corporate and organization)
1. Fame City KLCC (20 Participant per session) by The Star
2. Star Kids Event at KLCC (30 participant) by The Star / Parenthots
1. Kolej Komuniti Shah Alam on 2011 (each session 30 participant)
2. Primary School Seksyen 20 Shah Alam (100 student)
3. Primary School Desa Mellanium Seri Kembangan (30 student)
4. National Textile Museum (20 participant per session)
5. Craft with ParenThots” event held at Tropicana City Mall (-+ 50 participant + parents)
1. Bengkel Inovasi Kraf Kreatif - Penang (OKU pekak, bisu dan autism ) (100 student)
2. Primary School Taman Puchong Utama (30 student)
3. National Textile Museum (20 participant per session)
4. Craft with ParenThots” event held at Tropicana City Mall (150 participant + parents)
5. Bengkel Hias Rias – Kraftangan ‘Felt’ @ PJK Felda Gunung Besout by P1 (internetbroadband) 30 participant per session
6. Bengkel Hias Rias – Kraftangan ‘Felt’ @ PJK Felda Sungai Klah
7. by P1 (internetbroadband) 30 participant per session
8. Perwaja (30 participant per session)
Feature in Mass Media
1. The Star, August 1, 2010
2. The Star - Monday October 11, 2010
3. Online Portal : Parenthots (22 November 2010)
4. Berita Minggu, Sunday – 26th June 2011
6. URTV Raya 2012 Special Edition
7. URTV 1-15 Oct 2012 edition No 823
8. Astroview September 2011
9. Dara.com Magazine February 2012
10. Pa & Ma JUNE 2011 - Sekoci + Lunatots
11. By'U Magazine - Issue May 2011
12. NUR Feb 2011
13. NUR October 2010
14. Kids New and Adik di 9 TV9 (TV3 date : 11th Feb 2011 / Tv9 date : 4th Feb 2011)
15. WHI TV3 - Wanita Hari Ini (Live Show : Friday, March 18, 2011)
16. URTV - RAYA EDITION – 799 15-30 September 2011
17. Berita Minggu : Sunday – 26th June 2011.
18. Nasi Lemak Kopi O (TV9) Sunday, 3 Jul 2011
19. Berita Minggu AHAD 29 Januari 2012
20. Pesona Pengantin April 2012
21. Tutorial on REMAJA 1st April 2012 Bil: 615
22. Tutorial on MIDI February 2012 (Publisher : Karangkraf)
23. Tutorial on Jelita Mei 2012
24. Handbouquet on Jelita Mei 2012
25. Apa Kata Wanita 20th May 2012 Sunday (LIVE) at 3 pm on TV1
26. Inspirasi Perkahwinan - August 2012
27. Tutorial on Remaja issue 15 August 2012 (Issue : 624 )
28. Harian Metro 30 August 2012
29. Inspirasi Perkahwinan OKTOBER 2012
30. Harian Metro 4th October 2012
31. Program : Bella ntv7 Live Show 25th November 2012 (Sunday)
32. Malaysia Hari Ini (MHI) Tv3 Live Show 24th Feb 2013
33. Safiyya TV9 (3rd March 2013)
34. Jelita, March 2013
35. Harian Metro 20th Feb 2013
36. I-Biz RTMi (astro) Episode 11 (no date yet)
Product On Sales
My baby accessories now at all branch Lunatots : Presint 15, Putrajaya, Amcorp Mall, Bandar Permaisuri, Sg Dua Pulau Pinang, Bukit Tinggi. Also at 13 all branch Twinsbaby Malaysia and Dynas Nursing Attire Boutique.